Why should we use OTA instead of going direct with the carriers?
Ten Reasons Why:
1. OTA can objectively present the offerings of multiple carriers all at the most competitive prices.
2. OTA represents the customer in negotiating the best deals and choosing services, no carrier rep can do this, their job is to represent the carrier.
3. OTA can design and implement solutions using two or more carriers to provide the best solution for our clients.
4. We know which carriers are best for each situation. The carrier’s direct rep may know this, but will never recommend anything other than their employer’s products and services.
5. Carrier reps consider their job completed when the customer signs the contract; while at OTA, this is when our job really begins. We project manage the installation, support the customer in training and trouble-shoot issues including billing disputes. Carrier reps have an 800 number.
6. OTA keeps track of the contract status and files non-renewals on all services unless the client expressly requests that we not, and that almost never happens. The direct reps hope you forget to keep track of the contract and let it auto-renew for as long as possible.
7. OTA checks invoices for mistakes, overbilling and price increases and challenges the ones we find. The direct rep hopes you don’t check your bills.
8. Before a contract is extended or renewed, OTA does a market survey to make sure that the carrier is still a good fit and when needed, we bring an alternative to the customer with our recommendation. The direct reps hope you never shop their competition.
9. When the carrier fails to live up their commitment, OTA holds their feet to the fire and sees that they make it right for the customer, the direct rep hopes you don’t notice.
10 OTA works for the client, the direct rep works for the carrier, wouldn’t you rather have a representative that represents you instead of the carrier? It cost the same, either way.
Does using OTA add to my cost of service?
No, every telecom product and service has a sales commission built into the price. If you buy from the 800 number or the direct rep, the commission goes to the internal sales department, but there is always a commission.
If We use OTA, will we still get the same support from the carrier that we would get if we went directly to them?
Yes. The carrier support is the same whether you purchase directly from them or through OTA. The difference is that you never have to talk with the carrier, we do that for you.